From the hatchery dam upstream to the end of the area. Only flies are permitted.
From the hatchery dam to the whistle bridge. Only flies and artificial lures are permitted.
From the whistle bridge to the Niangua River. Only soft plastic bait (unscented), natural and scented bait are permitted. All flies and artificial lures are prohibited, even if natural bait or scent has been added.
Zone areas are marked in the park and maps are also available.
Trout Fishing Hours
||6:30 a.m.*/7:30 a.m.**
||6 p.m.*/7 p.m.**
|* Central Standard Time | ** Central Daylight Time
|2nd Friday in Nov. - 2nd Monday in February
|(Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only)
For additional information, please call 417-532-4418 or 417-532-7612.
- Trout fishing is permitted in accordance with the state wildlife code and posted restrictions daily from March 1 through Oct. 31, and during the winter catch-and-release season from the second Friday in November to the second Monday in February on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only.
- Each angler shall display a daily trout tag purchased on the area and bearing his or her signature.
- Each angler shall have a state fishing permit except those 15 years and younger or Missouri residents 65 years and older.
- Each angler shall keep their trout separate at all times and identified with their name and address.
- The statewide daily limit is 4 trout, regardless of the number of daily tags purchased or waters fished. No person shall continue to fish for any species in these trout waters after having harvested a daily limit of 4 trout anywhere in Missouri.
- Only a single pole or rod may be used. Gigging, snaring or snagging is NOT permitted.
- Statewide daily limit 4 trout, possession limit 10 trout. All brown trout less then 15 inches must be released unharmed immediately after capture. There is no length limit on rainbow trout.
- The use of game fish or parts thereof for bait is prohibited; chumming is not permitted.
- No trout may be possessed in the catch-and-release area.